Friday, July 14, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Dragonflies and Popsicles



MariLynn here with a summer mixed media tutorial using Dragonfly Waltz stencil and the remains of a summer favorite. Popsicle sticks. You can save the from eating yummy popsicles or you can buy them.


I cut a piece of cardstock and glued the popsicles down to make a flat surface for my project



I used dragonfly waltz stencil and denim blue spray.



I used oil pastel to add a variant of colors with the dragonflies.



I added some fingernail polish over the dragonflies to give them an iridescent quality


I added some white paint and glitter to the dragonflies


I wanted some softness to my project so I added some cheesecloth and gold thread.


I had some mosaic paper that I freehand cut out a dragonfly. I added some glitter to the wings


I hope you were inspired by my project.

3 comments:

  1. What a great use of the popsicle sticks MariLynn - love how you layered the colours on the stenciled dragonflies too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)