Thursday, July 17, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Shery Loves a One Layer Card



Hey there! Shery here and it's my turn to share a project. One layer cards are my favorite cards to make so naturally for my first Spotlight Project, I created one! Oh, and I also love mixed media so I busted out some modeling paste and stencils.

For this card, I used 3 different STAMPlorations stamp sets: Vignette: Artful Flutters, Subway Art Builders: Dare, and the new Boxed Blooms and Bold Sentiments. Here's a photo tutorial showing how I put this card together.

I stamped the boxed daisy flower in VersaMark,
sprinkled white embossing powder over it,
and heat embossed.


I masked the embossed daisy before stamping
3 different sentiments (from the SAB: Dare set) in
chrome yellow archival ink.


Next I sponged mustard seed distress ink all over...

...sponged a bit of spiced marmalade distress ink
to highlight the daisies and then stamped
the bold sentiments in Memento tuxedo black.


I stamped the butterfly all over.


I applied modeling paste through a large stencil
by The Crafter's Workshop.


Finally, I sponged mustard seed distress ink over
the modeling paste to make the stenciled image
blend in with the rest of the card.


Here's a close up of my one layer card. Pretty easy, huh?

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Next week, Cornelia, Shirley, and Monika will be back with their spotlight projects!


       

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - love the sunny yellow and the mixed media approach - maybe I should finally use my embossing paste.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning "EASY" creation,
    love the summerfeeling Color
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial, Shery! You make it all look super simple. I love the layered stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shery. A real sunshine card, love your combination of yellows and the artsy look. Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, beyond stunning one layer card!! I love the steps you took to get the incredible finished project!! Kudos to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is the most layers I have seen on a one layer card and I absolutely love it. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the layers of stamping, embossing and paste to create this textured one layer card. Thanks for the tutorial! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)