Tuesday, July 07, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Plays with Alcohol Inks


Hi, Cornelia here today playing with alcohol inks and a stencil.



I cut a piece of metallic card stock and ran it through my Big Shot - you see the sandwich below.



The important thing is that you put the cardstock on a silicone mat and the cutting plate above.



You get a good impression that way.



Those are the inks I used - dribbled some ink onto the card stock.



And then smeared them around with a piece of fun foam. I did not want to mess up my brushes....



Since it did not quite turn out the way I had envisioned it I took some circle dies (Lifestyle crafts) and just cut some circles. Arranged them onto black card stock.



Thought some silver Paper Candi might be nice.



Took a left over strip of PP and made the sentiment plate with embossing powder and colored it in.



You may have noticed that I changed that plate around a bit - on the very first photo in this post the sentiment is embossed in silver - above it is purple and below it is silver but colored in - I like that one the best.



Hope you liked this - see you in two weeks!


Products Cornelia used in today's project:

  


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for July. We'll pick ONE (1) commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on the first week of August!

20 comments:

  1. Love thIs!! The colors look great against black background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so pretty. I am not very good with alcohol inks. I love your technique and the embossed stencil is a great idea. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yowza...vivid, bright color. What's not to like. Looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I really love the bright colors against the black background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. so unique in those colors and love the silver accents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stunning! Thanks for sharing that you had to change courses because it wasn't turning out the way you had anticipated. It happens often to me and I typically just toss. Perhaps, I need to adjust my outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting way to use this. I like the vivid colors and the embossed circles inside the die-cut circles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those big bold colors!! They shout loud and proud!! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card! And I love that circle die cut. This makes me want to play with alcohol inks. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card - and thanks for the tutorial. Love that you showed the various trials with the sentiment panel.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card ! The circles with alcohol inks look fab against black base :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome effects of the embossed circles with alcohol inks...Stunning card, Cornelia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! Love the the effect of the coloured metallic circles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a striking card Cornelia! Absolutely love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. boah... wie G****
    das ist ja mal ein Hammereffekt !!!
    Danke fĂĽr den Tipp, das werde ich sicherlich auch mal nutzen !!!!
    LG hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool! Love that technique! Btw, I do the same thing - when I don't like the background I made I just cut out pieces and it usually looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)